When an individual Custom Made Bass String is required, if possible, return the old string for duplication.
If your string is to be duplicated, indicate in the drop down menu and an address will be emailed to you for where to send it once your order has processed.
If the old string is not available, we can make one for you with the following information.
1) - Length from the Hitch Pin to the start of the winding - (in inches)
2) - Length of the Winding - (in inches)
3) - Micrometer diameter of the core wire - (in 1000th of an inch)
4) - Micrometer diameter of the wound portion of the bass string (copper) - (in 1000th of an inch)
5) - The Make and Size of the piano.
6) - Number of the NOTE as it lies in the scale
String number as it lies in the scale can be determined by counting from the lowest bass note in the Piano (No 1) on up the scale toward the Treble Section, counting each string individually.
Also state if the string is a "Single" or "Unison" (more than one string to a note)
Item #2040...Single Wound String....(a unison or bi-chord string)...$32.00
Item #2041...Double Wound String...(a single string)....$35.20
Item #2047...String made to scale - no measurements provided - be sure to confirm we have your string pattern prior to ordering...(a single string)....$40.48
Note * For strings made to scale - our standard loop is 1-3/4" unless the scale indicates otherwise (i.e. 1-1/2" or 2"). If you require something other than our standard loop size, we need to be told or a sample should be provided.
NOTE: ...Please measure carefully before ordering.
Due to the sensitivity of handling copper winding, Bass strings are NON returnable.
**Please note any special requests for loops, patterns or extra tech time will incur an extra charge based on the work involved**